Kinesio Taping (K Taping)
What is Kinesio Taping?
The Kinesio Taping Method is a taping technique offering you support to the problematic area without causing restriction which promotes rehabilitating the affected condition. The tape is elastine with no Latex but is waterproof. The weight and thickness of the tape is such that is not felt the by user. It can be used to stop over extension of muscles thus reducing the risk of further injury. The tape is heat activated and has a wave pattern, this when applied lifts the skin helping to reduce recovery time by decreasing fluid pressure. It is like having a therapists hands on you at all times.
What happens during a session?
Often a first visit will be a massage The affected area is accessed and taped accordingly. Tape can be used whilst continuing your sport or in everyday life. It is activated by heat and is waterproof so you can swim, bath, shower etc. It has a number of uses. An application of tape can possibly last for 4 to 14 days and should be removed carefully and not ripped off like a plaster. Never dry with a hairdryer.
What can it do for me?
- Relieves pain
- Supports muscles in movement
- Removes lymphatic fluid congestion
- Corrects joint mis-alignment
- Assists in positioning a muscle or joint into proper position for rehabilitation
- Assists a weak muscle by placing it in a normal position
- Improves kinesthetic awareness of posture and alignment
What can it help with?
- Round Shoulders
- Back Problems and Pain
- Joint Pain
- Knees Injuries and Pain
- The uses of K Taping are almost endless.